Moving to Australia Bucket List

By 15:02

I decided that since I am moving to the other side of the world, I should make a list of things that I would like to do when I move. Some things are quite big, and others are very simple. But still, they are all things that I really want to do. There are only 2 months left before I go, so I thought now was a good time to get thinking about what I want to do when I get there, and as I figure my life out. I could only come up with 8 things right now, so here is my really short bucket list.



1. Travel Australia.
I proclaim that I love Australia, but I have really only seen about 1/8th of the country. I would love to travel across the whole country to see how beautiful it really is.

My sister and I on Cambewarra Mountain, NSW. 


2. Visit the Save A Cow Sanctuary.
If you have no idea what I am talking about, the Save A Cow Sanctuary is, well, a sanctuary for cows rescued from factory farms. It is located in Queensland, and is home to 150 cows. They are able to roam free in this sanctuary without having to worry about any slaughter houses. The sanctuary has an open house every month, and I would love to visit and interact with these beautiful animals.

Photo from: @save_a_cow

3. Travel Southeast Asia.
So this is one of the big ones on my list. I have a few friends who have travelled Southeast Asia and their Instagram posts have made me want to go SO BAD. I really want to explore more of the world. It is a lot cheaper to travel to Asia from Australia than it is from Canada, so it is something that I definitely need to do.

4. Go to a Cricket match.
Ever since I was little, I always watched the cricket with my Pop when I was visiting Australia. I have never been to an actual match, so that is something I would really love to do. I know he would've loved to come with me, but I will just have to go in his honour.

5. Learn how to drive on the opposite side of the road.
If you didn't already know, Australians drive on the opposite side of the road than Canadians. I haven been driving in Canada for four years now, and think of myself as a good driver. But now I am going to have to learn how to drive all over again. I have my full license, which means I can just transfer it over to an Australian one, but I will definitely need to do some lessons before I drive on my own.

6. Travel New Zealand.
As I said before, I really want to explore the world. Since New Zealand is Australia's neighbour it only makes sense that I do some travelling over there as well.

7. Try Cocowhip.
Okay... if you don't know what Cocowhip is you seriously need to check out their Instagram right now (@cocowhip). It is coconut soft serve (completely vegan) and looks so so so delicious. It is available at a few cafes throughout Australia. It better be the first thing I cross off of this bucket list.

Photo from: @cocowhip 


8. Keep up with this blog.
And finally, I really want to make sure that I am keeping up with this blog. I don't know how often I am going to post, but I hope that I will keep up as much as I can. And of course, as I begin to cross things off of this list I will keep it updated. And I hope I have readers that will keep up along with me.



You Might Also Like

0 comments