Saying Goodbye to Toronto

By 21:00 ,

Just a disclaimer before I start I'm writing this quickly between flights as I am literally on my way to Australia right now so if there are any grammatical errors or the writing just sounds really bad... I am so sorry. 

I have lived 10 minutes outside of Toronto my entire life, and I have truly loved living there. It really is one of my favourite places in the world, and I really wish it was hot all year round so that I could stand living there forever. But, unfortunately the Canadian climate just does not agree with me, and it is time for me to go somewhere that doesn't experience negative temperatures very often (or ever). After deciding to move to Australia, I realized that there was a lot of Toronto that I had never seen before. So, I dedicated my last few months in Toronto to exploring the city as a tourist would. My mom decided to join me on most of these excursions, as she wanted to spend time with me and explore the city as well. 

Earlier in the Spring my friend, Ko, invited me to do the edge walk at the CN Tower for free. It's normally really expensive so this was such an awesome opportunity, I couldn't say no. It was so cool. Like I probably wouldn't ever pay to do it but it was a really amazing experience. I could literally see all of Toronto from the highest point in the city, and I was outside, on the edge of the CN Tower. I was definitely apprehensive at first, and it was quite cold and windy which added to my nerves and apprehension, but I am so glad that I did it. I know that I will never get an opportunity like that again. It's also awesome cause they film the whole thing so you get to watch yourself scared out of your mind as you lean over the edge of what once was the tallest building in the world. 


The first thing that my mom and I did together was a city sightseeing tour. It was so interesting to learn about history of the city that I had never known. It also gave us the chance to see many different spots in the city that we wouldn't normally have gone to before. I really love sightseeing tours, and I think it's so important to do them in your own city. We are all so used to living where we live without seeing it from the perspective of a tourist. The tourist perspective made me appreciate Toronto so much more. 



The ticket to the sightseeing tour also gave us the opportunity to take a tour on the Toronto harbour. I will admit, it wasn't the warmest day, and the harbour cruise was super windy and cold. But, it was my first time ever taking a boat onto the harbour, through the Toronto islands. It's a whole side of Toronto that I had never seen before. I also loved being able to take a picture of the classic Toronto skyline shot. I'm definitely gonna make my own postcards with it. 


While we were on the tour, we drove through old Toronto where the St Lawrence market is located. I realized that I hadn't been there since I was about 8 on a class field trip. So a few weeks later my mom and I took a little trip to the market. I love markets. I love the local feel of them. Everyone just seems so happy and appreciative of the town or city that they are in. Literally right when we walked into the market there was a stand for vegan strudel. I was so excited. So naturally my mom bought a massive wild blueberry vegan strudel for me and over the course of the next week I ate all of it without a single regret. 





I love Toronto, and am going to miss it so much. My entire life has been there and it really is hard to say goodbye. But I know that my heart is in Australia and I would regret it forever if I let this opportunity pass me by. Who knows, I could move back to Toronto one day... once winter disappears forever.

You Might Also Like

1 comments