A quick update: Australia so far...

By 18:11

I've been in Australia for almost a whole month now... how crazy is that?! I am absolutely loving it here. I just started at my new uni last week and I love that as well. I know it is going to get a bit hectic and stressful soon, but it would be the same if I were still in Canada. At least here I can go to the beach in between assignments. It is a bit "cold" at this time of year (coldest it has been so far during the day is 12 degrees Celsius.. and that's like extreme cold here), but it's really not bad at all. I've already been to the beach twice and it's the middle of winter. I mean I'm used to negative temperature for 3 (or more) months straight. I think I'll survive this "chilly" time of year.


It's literally the middle of winter. What is my life?
I definitely miss everyone back home, but I know for sure that I made the right choice moving here. I have been genuinely happy every single day. There is no sense of regret at all and I am just so glad that this is all working out. 

After I arrived I had a with chat Giftbuzz about my move. You can read it here. Giftbuzz is a website where you can make wish lists for any occasion. Clearly one of my top wishes in life was moving to Australia, and although it isn't a tangible wish,  I still really like the idea of creating lists and putting your wishes out there. There is so much power in spoken word that if you truly want something you have to make it known. 

I know this has been a super brief post, but I will definitely be on here more once I start exploring the country and doing exciting things. But for now it is time to read a textbook and do my uni work (or watch Netflix while i neglect my uni work)... 

You Might Also Like

0 comments