#HiFromBondi

By 18:42 ,

As it is currently pouring rain and has been for 24 hours straight I am going to take the time to reflect on my wonderful Saturday spent at Bondi Beach. This past weekend I ventured two hours north to my favourite city, Sydney. I had never been to Bondi Beach before, so I decided that I would spend the day exploring. If you aren't familiar with the layout of Sydney, Bondi is on the east coast of Sydney and is one of the main beaches in the city. If you are ever in Sydney and it's a nice day out - head to Bondi. Although I am more of a fan of empty beaches where I can lay out and tan without a single person disturbing me, I totally fell in love with it. If you're looking for a relaxing beach I would recommend somewhere on the south coast rather than a city beach. But, if you want to hang out with friends in a beach town, then Bondi is the place for you. The entire environment was absolutely amazing. I felt like I had escaped into summer vacation mode which is my absolute favourite mode to be in. Did I mention that it's still winter here and it was 27 degrees Celsius. Yeah. I really am loving my life right now.

Me loving life in Bondi
I met up with my friend Olivia who I met through Twitter 4 years ago. This was our first time meeting in real life and it was just like two old friends meeting up. I love internet friends. We started our day off at Speedo's Cafe at North Bondi. It was packed full of beach goers and people who just wanted to embrace a beautiful sunny day. We were lucky enough to sit outside where we got an amazing view of the beach. Of course, the cafe had cocowhip and of course, that is what I had for lunch. Will talk more about the cocowhip and Speedo's Cafe in an upcoming post. (All I will tell you was that it was SO GOOD. But that is probably obvious).



We then took a walk down the boardwalk admiring all of the murals. You have no idea how badly I wish I had artistic skills. We actually saw some people painting a new one which was so cool. I can't wait to go back later this summer to see the finished product. I am such tourist everywhere I go so I was taking pictures of absolutely everything. I get so giddy and childlike whenever I'm near the ocean so my camera roll was getting filled fast.

If I had a beard this mural would be the story of my life. Pretend it says hair.

This one got me super excited because I absolutely love dogs. So much.
Something that we didn't do was go through all of the shops on the main stretch. We went into two but ran out of time as we had to head back to Bondi Junction because Olivia had to catch the train. So I will definitely be back to Bondi the next chance I get and will take a look at all of the cute boutiques. Beach areas are my favourite because they have so many little shops and little shops are my favourite too. I think I'm defeating the definition of my favourite by saying that everything is. Anyways, moral of the story is that I love Bondi and I want to go back asap. I need the rain to go away because the beach lifestyle is the life for me.

Can i live in one of those flats? Please?
Let me know if you have any recommendations of new places to explore in Sydney! I've done most of the tourist things already but would love to see more of it from a local perspective.

You Might Also Like

0 comments